For those of you interested in the world of presence research whether this is in virtual, augmented reality or just via Skype then you may find some of these papers which I recently uploaded of interest. They are from a range of journals, conferences and workshops. The work mainly focuses on photo realistic virtual reality, location-aware augmented reality games and also mixed realities in general.
- The final TimeWarp: Using Form and Content to Support Player Experience and Presence when Designing Location-Aware Mobile Augmented Reality Games. Blum, L., Wetzel, R., McCall, R., and L. Oppermann. DIS 2012, Newcastle UK
- Let’s Do the Time Warp Again – Subjective and Behavioral Presence Measurement in the Augmented Reality Game TimeWarp . Jennifer Klatt, Simon Ten Broeke, Astrid M. von der Pütten, Anna-Christin Schütz, Jens Vervoort, Roderick McCall, Nicole C. Krämer, Richard Wetzel, Lisa Blum, and Leif Oppermann. Presence Conference. Edinburgh Napier University
- Wagner, I., Broll, W., Jacucci, G. Kuuti, K., McCall, R., Morrison, A., Schmalsteig, D. and J.J. Terrin. On the Role of Presence in Mixed Reality. In Journal of Presence, Tele-operators and Virtual Environments. Issue 18. Vol. 4. pp249-276. MIT Press.
- McCall, R. Ghellal, S. and Rothaeur, J. Mobile Phones, Sub-culture and Presence. Workshop on Mobile Spatial Interaction at CHI 2007
- Benyon, D. R., Smyth, M., McCall, R., O¹Neill, S and Carroll, F. The Place Probe: Exploring A Sense of Place in Real and Virtual Environments. Journal of Presence, Tele-operators and Virtual Environments.
- McCall, R., O’Neill, S. and Carroll, F. Measuring Presence in Virtual Environments. In, Conference on Human-Factors in Computing: CHI’2004. Vienna, Austria: Association of Computing Machinery.
- McCall, R., O’Neill, S., Carroll, F. and Benyon, D. The Presence Probe. In , Workshop on Designing and Evaluating Virtual Reality Systems. University of Nottingham, UK.