I am delighted to say that for the business meets research event I plan to give a high-level and hopefully accessible talk on urban mixed realities that will explore:
- An introduction to mixed reality from multi-touch to augmented reality
- What mixed realities can do for your business?
- Urban mixed reality projects I have worked on
- Some design issues for mixed realities
- Current projects that I am involved in here at UL from games to cars.
- Towards Live Cities
I will draw on my experiences over the last 15 years in anything from virtual reality for crisis management simulation through to more recent work on urban mixed reality gaming. The aim of the talk is to give you something to take away and use.
For those interested in participatory sensing you should come and listen to the talk by Prof. Dr. Charles Max of the University of Luxembourg who has worked extensively on social media and other related topics. We will also be joined by Prof. Dr. Didier Stricker of DFKI (Saarbrucken) who is a recognised expert in the area of augmented and virtual realities. He also leads the Augmented Vision Group at DFKI.
More info on the speakers can be found at: