As I have mentioned during some recent presentations and also on this blog before we have just launched the LiveCity project here in Luxembourg.
“The aim of LiveCity is to empower the citizens of a city to interact with each other in a more productive, efficient and socially useful way by using high quality Video-to-Video over the internet. Video-to-video can be used to save patients lives, improve city administration, reduce fuel costs, reduce carbon footprint, enhance education and improve city experiences for tourists and cultural consumers.” (Source: LiveCity Website)
For our work we are going to build a game that is played between the people of Athens and Luxembourg using a combination of multi-touch tables and mobile phones. As part of this we would be very keen to hear from people who have concepts they would like the share. There will be an open competition and we will pick the one which best fits the various competition requirements.
The game should promote aspects of city life and experience in Athens and Luxembourg, for example letting the people of Athens find out more about Luxembourg and vice versa. This could for example be about daily life in either city, tourism or other aspects such as the environment.
We envisage that each city will have a “control room” where players can visit, this will consist of a multi-touch table and a minimum of one live video feed which is fed to the other location. You may also include the use of mobile phones in each city.
You must make use of the following technologies:
- A multi-touch surface (one will be located at a site in each city – known as the control rooms)
- A live video feed between the control rooms
Optionally you may:
- Include mobile phone players
You are encouraged to:
- Provide a well developed idea
- Contribute content if possible
- Provide the locations for the control rooms in each city (e.g. a museum or library)
- Provide the relevant multi-touch table
- Develop the end system (hopefully with your help), keep it simple as we have limited resources!
Dates, we will announce the competition within the next few weeks, the deadline for submission will be around 2 months after the call.
For more information visit the contact page on this website.